Friday, March 27, 2009

Installing Linux On ASUS ...

As I had expected based on the forums and other places I have read that there would be issue in installing linux on this baby...

The laptop looks pretty good, not stylish or as designer as the laptops like dell studio or hp hdx or lenovo ideapad... but for lesser dough you cannot get them with this config...

Anyways that is beside the point... come back to the moot point...

I tried installing alpha of jaunty, intrepid with acpi=off and noapic as per some thread but no go on that... would get stuck on some step or the other on booting itself... never came to see gdm login... so thought would try fedora instead... fedora 10.1 installed without any issue with acpi=off... but then there were some update and everything went bonkers... so now I am stuck with vista... I wanted vista to play games...

now I am waiting for the new version of jaunty to come may be beta and I will give another try to it to see if it works... if it works then custom compile the kernel to get acpi on and then if there are any other updates then I will keep updating this blog...


I am waiting for

No comments: